Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Cold Snaps and Memories

Cold snaps such as the ones we are experiencing right now suck big time, because going outside in these frozen tundra like temperature's can do a person or animal in, in just mere moments and that my friends is not an option. So in most cases we either take time to catch up on the TV shows we like, go on FB or we reflect with a hot cuppa on what how our day, week, month or even the past year has gone, all while trying to stay warm

As you may have guessed I'm dog sitting Grand Master B(GMB) for the week while the kids get a well deserved break, hopefully next time it will be +20 instead of -40. Walking GMB in this weather is not good for 2 reason, we are both wimps and hate the cold......did I say we were wimps. So because GMB isn't toilet trained, the poor soul has to go out back for tickles, but being the great dog sitter I am I go with him......damn its cold. Other than that we watch movies and go on FB, there is a hot little poodle that GMB is trying to add to his friends list but so far, no luck.

Today is also a very significant day in my life for two reason, I turned 54 years old, something that almost didn't happen if not for the fine Dr's, nurse's but most importantly my wife, and best friend on the planet. If not for her insistence I wouldn't be here today, you see this is my 6 year anniversary of being diagnosed with DCM, an enlargement of the heart and if not treated can lead to....well you get the picture. So husbands put pride away and see a Dr. if your better half tells you to go.....GO. I know from experience that life is too short and to many things to miss out on.

As the weekend approaches I see the weather is going to warm up significantly, so on that note I must get to my TV watching in before I'm told to go out and play.......

2 comments:

  1. Good piece of advice gene and you are just a youngster i am 55 on the 16th jan now that is old lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 55, Mick you are just as young as me, with less than a years experience...

      Delete