Well it's been a couple of days since my last post but I'm betting that once I'm back home and not dog sitting GMB, I will be cutting down my blogs to a weekly event. Not that I don't enjoy sharing my life experiences, but sooner or later people will become bored and poo-poo wanting to read about my day to day events. So my goal is to ensure that fun and laughter are a big part of what you read because balancing check books, cooking supper, and cleaning the house just doesn't cut it....so enjoy
GMB and I had to take G&B's Excellent Adventure on the road for a couple of days because my family was flying in for a couple of days and I missed them last time due to scheduling conflict. I guess because gramps is retired he figures everyone has an open schedule, but alas....no. GMB is a master navigator in the car, he rides shotgun and when I need to slow down or sped up he snores...LOUD...but as a driving companion, he is the best...oh except when we past this poodle in the yellow VW Bug, than he started to drool all over the window.....but I think she winked at him as we drove past.....boo-ya....
My biggest fear going home for 2 days with GMB was that all the 4 legged cousins would have a donnybrook in the living room and carnage would be everywhere because up to this point they have always been separated. We couldn't of been more wrong because to my surprise, my prized baby girl, Jubilee got along 100% with GMB. Rory and Sparky on the other hand were kept apart as to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed and tears from the rumble that would surely ensue if those 3 met. All in all it wasn't as bad as we had anticipated and with the exception of a few scratches on me from Jub trying to get his winter coat on it was a great visit.
I was glad that the boys and the girlfriend had the opportunity to meet my dad, his wife and my sister because since he's moved to BC, we don't see him as often and he turns 80 next birthday....(holy crap that's old), but all things considering he's doing and looks great. Due to their time restraint and tight schedule we had my sister and husband joined us for dinner and like all animals, GMB, BG, Rory and Sparky stole the show....Thanks Lisa for the wonderful supper, as usual you saved my bacon,xx
GMB is missing his owners like mad, and was sulking at my house, so we are now back at his place and he is ecstatic but I wonder if GMB will be so gung-ho when I pretend I'm blind and he's my seeing eye dog tomorrow when we go to Tim Horton's for coffee...So until then stay warm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment