Spring time at last. HA HA. It really does not feel or look like spring but I know it's here.
This winter has been so long and awful. I can hardly wait to get outside more. I can't cope when it is too cold or too windy. Too much heat is no good for me either so I wait patiently for the spring.
It's funny to see some of my friends in other parts of the world posting pictures of themselves and there is green grass and flowers in the background.
We will have to plant different things in the front garden this year because our big tree that provided shade has been chopped down by the town. To much damage from the ice storm. Our entire street looks so bare. It's sort of sad.
With the spring comes RACE FOR KIDS through the Boys and Girls Club. I can't run the race (as much as I would love to) but I can still fundraise. I help out at the event with some friends so I get to enjoy it in my own way. Each year we man a check point and get to watch the hilarious antics of the participants. Last year people had to dress in costume and act out the Three Little Pigs. I have never laughed so hard at some of the bad acting.
I set a seriously high goal this year of trying to raise $2000. That 's a lot for one person but I think I can do it. I used to raise more than this when I worked and used to do Bowl for Kids Sake. We'll see how I do. I find it is harder to raise funds when not in the work force any longer.
So far I have been humbled by the response of my family and friends. There are some very good and generous people out there and I am proud and honoured to call them my family and friends.
I've been volunteering a lot this past little while with the Boys and Girls Club. Lisa was sick and missed her big fundraiser so I tried to step in a bit and do some of the things I thought she might be doing. It took me a three days to recover! The boys both got sick but I did not. I think my family did everything in their power to make sure I didn't get the bug they had. They are thoughtful because I am sure it would have knocked me on my butt to get the bug they all had to deal with.
Well, my tea kettle is boiling so I think I will settle in for a cuppa. Lisa is making me dinner tonight....something special she said. After that we are going to file our taxes. I am hoping and praying we get a refund!
So, anyone wanting to sponsor me for Race for Kids here is the link you follow.
http://bgccan.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=7785&mid=9&pid=1659927
Thanks for any amount you can give!
No comments:
Post a Comment